Wednesday, January 16, 2008

TRADE - JANUARY 16th at WORK
theme: "stripes & polka dots"


For the stripes & polka dot theme I decided to sew some patchwork with some stripe & polka dot fabrics I had.

I never sewn such small pieces together before. So 1st I got organized and I went through all of my fabrics to see what I had to match the theme. And with my rotary cutter I made squares and rectangles in different sizes so I'd get a variety of patterns. I put everything into piles and got to sewing!

For the back I cut out some felt. Then I hot glued the patchwork onto the felt and use my rotary cutter again to trim down for a clean edge.

To give the cards some dimension I hot glued on some vintage buttons. Viola!

I'LL BE POSTING THE CARDS FROM TODAY'S TRADE ON NEXT WEDNESDAY BLOG ENTRY.

No comments:

Post a Comment