Tuesday, January 16, 2007

TRADE - JANUARY 17th at WORK
theme: "Eats"

My inspiration for the “Eats” trade was sushi!

Crochet sushi. So cute!



MY ATC CARDS


I wanted my paper sushi to have a likeness to sushi. I could have used colored paper to replicate sushi rolls, but I thought it would be more fun to make abstract versions.

I hand cut ovals to represent sushi rolls and triangles to represent fish tails. I had been collecting random items for months. Anything from takeout chopstick wrappers to Arizona Green Tea labels. The fabric sushi man is something I found in a co-workers garbage. The black electrical tape wrapped around the center brought the collection together and represents seaweed wraps. I cut the end off of toothpicks to make mini chopsticks and paper punched circles to look like fish eggs.

The one with the panda is my FAV! He’s from a chopstick wrapper. And the button is a random thing I found at a fabric store for like $0.08!

Cards by Cathy Kouris.


Card by Cathy Kouris. The Chinese menu opens to reveal a steamy soup bowl.



Card by Gayle Baddeley.

Card by Tracey Gose.


Card by Brandon Porras. TITLED: "Chocolate Kisses."


Card by Dayle Bennet. TITLED: "Let them eat cake." The three-tiered cake is embroidered on patterned fabric.


BLT card by Lee Ernst. SO CLEVER! He even put all of the sandwiches on a plate for an awesome presentation.



Card by Kim Gardenhire. Congrats on you new baby-girl!

Card by Kristen Harrington.


Chop suey card by Teresa Medford.


Card by Em Byerly.


Recipe card by Sue Pike-Bower. Love the coordinating charm!


Card by Michelle Spaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment